Healthcare General Counsel's Need Support from Outside Hospital Attorneys
The biggest concern healthcare facility managers have when it comes to construction is uninterrupted patient care, easy access to the facility, safety and durability. As healthcare construction attorneys we are keenly a tune to healthcare administrators and the importance of continued operations. Our clients are protected by the legal clauses in their healthcare construction contracts that are unique to healthcare facilities. As part of the construction team, we are hands-on and a ready resource to discuss any and all phases of construction and legal implications: 1) Planning and design;
2) Contractor selection: licensing, insurance, bonding, subcontracting, etc.
3) Strategy for selection of trade professions;
4) Developing milestones and payment metrics that are fair and appropriate with the amount of effort and actual work completed; including workers liens and releases,;
5) Procurement of services and materials: 3 bids, open bid, spec bid, etc.
6) Ensuring warranties are represented accurately, with minimized out-clauses;
7) Dispute resolution and recovery if the construction project is not done right. We know and tackle the concerns of uninterrupted patient care and patient, staff and visitor safety. We work on projects such as:
- New Hospital Construction
- Hospital Renovations and Expansions
- Longterm Acute Care Centers
- Clinics and Treatment Centers
- Medical office Buildings
i.e. Elevator operations and security is often a critical part of patient visits, safety and construction project operations; how will your project work around the elevator issues. We have niche experience and background in elevator/vertical transportation. There is no such thing as standardized contracts when it comes to construction, each contract is unique and has very unique clauses, even if it is an AIA contract. What healthcare providers need is their own attorney, who works with them to ensure that the project proceeds with minimum glitches, the costs are projected correctly, and the warranties are buttoned down by the end of the project.
To find out more on how you can put Ben's team to work for you, click call/ text 954-445-5503.